Friday, December 04, 2009

Christmas Countdown, December 4th

Day #4 -- Ward Christmas Party


I'll post pics from that tomorrow. Today I wanted to show you what I woke up to (sorry about the sideways, I always forget about that):


How can you start your day anything but pleasantly with that little voice entering your dreams as it is being sung at top volume over and over and over... (he was being silly by the time I got to him, but I was impressed with his repetative consistancy before I came down)

And also this --
Homemade Champurrado -- a THICK Mexican chocolate milk. It's basically breakfast in a cup because of all of the masa harina in it. Who can complain about a cup of chocolate to begin the morning-- yum! Thanks Q.


Today was just a nice, stay at home and get things done day. I like those. At times it can get frustrating when kids are begging for your attention and you're trying to check things off the to-do list. However, let me introduce you to a very dear friend of mine. His name is Timer. 10 minutes playing whatever they want and then 20 minutes for my chores/projects. I think we're all happier when I remember to use it because they play better knowing I'll be returning soon and I actually have time to focus on what I'm trying to do uninterupted. Nice. It makes sure I'm not neglecting them in the name of housework, and I don't have to be the bad-guy when it's time for me to get something done. Timer speaks and we obey.

1 comment:

Laura Read said...

What a cute boy! I love his singing and eating combination. Also, that's a brilliant idea to use the timer to get things done. What do the kids do during your 20 minutes? Can we get together some time this week? We're leaving Friday morning for Utah.