Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Countdown -- December 12th

Well, the kids are nestled, all snug in their beds. 11pm is a bit later than we usually do bedtime, but tonight we went to an annual Christmas party hosted by one of Q's closest friends in the department. Most of the guests show up for the eggnog. We had our mellow version this morning as part of our advent. Just a sip of eggnog brings back all of the feelings and memories of Christmases past. I was quite surprised that C was the one guzzling this morning. You never know what will tickle his fancy.

Last night as we were heading up to bed he took my hand and said, "Mommy, let's waddle." Startled I tried to think if Q had been teasing me about my gait lately when half way up the stairs he continued, "Like penguins." Right. He'd been watching Dora earlier. I had a good gut laugh over that one though. I just thought he was trying to empathize with me.

We went to quite a few Story Times today. Our "librarian" (L) made sure we had stories, songs, and explanations of the history of the "library (family room)." Our main themes were dinosaurs and Christmastime. She even pretended that her husband dressed up as a dinosaur and came to shake our hands. There's no need to even leave our house for a high quality story time.

Well, best finish preparing my primary lesson for tomorrow. You do not want to show up unprepared.

And yes, I'm sorry. I'm posting without pictures. But it's midnight and I just realized I needed to start the bread dough for dinner tomorrow. Whoops.

1 comment:

Brent and Jan Petersen, (Брент и Ян Петерсен) said...

You Know..... Dad and I both chuckled, smiled and enjoyed enormously your blogs of the past few days!! Thank you for the fun!