Christmas Countdown -- December 8th
Sugar cookies today. Tomorrow we're going to decorate them with some friends. The kids were pretty excited to be my baking helpers for both the sugar cookies and the lasagna. They did a pretty good job -- L even made sure to let me know that C was emptying the entire container of flour onto the table so he could play in it.
I really like nap time and quiet time. I am still amazed at how willing C is to take a 2-3 hr nap, and how his sister is just as content (most days) to have some time without him around so that she can draw a million pictures that she won't let me throw away or play doll house. It gives me time to get some dishes done or to try and catch up on some of that sleep that is alluding me in the middle of the night lately.
Hmmmm. I really did have something of interest to tell you all today. I just can't seem to remember it at the moment. OK, I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to remember and I can't. So instead I'll post this picture and be done:
Just in case you have missed earlier introductions to Pillowcase, he is a very real part of our family. His flannel, snowman softness (in season year round) is essential for this little guy's nap/bedtime. He loves to go on car rides and his favorite place to stay safe and clean is on C's head. He loves to hide in impossible to find places -- like shoes, cupboards, closets, etc. He also does not like to be washed. I haven't figured out if it's the feel (not as soft?) or the freshly laundered smell, but C knows and rejects him immediately if he's been washed. One of his many quirks is that he likes to be cold. So, a couple of times during bedtime routines he will come flying at you with the accompanying request, "Make Pillowcase cold please." To which you must flap him around in the dark until he becomes slightly chilled. At which point you can return him to his bed and the body which will warm him back up in about 2 minutes. Still, he's family and we love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment